Saturday, May 13, 2006

Shopping

Bandung is know for it's outlet stores. It was time to go check them out... It was on a Sunday afternoon, ( I should mention that population of the city grows on weekends as those in Jakarta seek relief from the heat and pollution of that city. - the hotels occupancy is always above 95% on weekends - hmmm sounds like Fort Erie in the summer).

Crowded, and I have discovered that shoppers are the same world wide... we love a bargain, and here it is no different... clothes, shoes, electronics each have their own store - so you must drive to each. I only purchased one item - a beautiful cashmere scarf for $20 US +.21 that the credit card company put on my bill for foreign (not sure about that one LOL)

True confession, i really didnt feel like shopping it was more the people watching that I was enjoying.

As i sat on a bench watching i was again keenly aware that i was the only white face to be seen in the crowd. One little boy about 5 years old (children are the most honest and true) was staring at me as he walked... still staring looking back over his shoulder as he walked right into a wall... *big grin* it was cute...

I will return to the stores before i leave - i think i would prefer to go alone, and shop at my own pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home