Sunday, August 27, 2006

Shopping

After a week of training I pretty much crashed on Saturday... it felt sooo good to sleep..

Sunday the man in charge of the club lounge Johanes, offered to take me shopping... of course couldnt pass that up... not sure if I mentioned but North Jakarta is in fact in China town... yes there is even a China town here ;-) So off we went to the "something something" mall never truly caught or at least understood the name of it...

located in a downtown area the mall was long and narrow... the stores wrapped the perimeter... the center area open so you could see all 7 floors thankfully escalators...

turns out indonesia is like thailand... lots of great amazing deals on dvd's actually made thailand look expensive LOL...

When I moved into my home (love that word) i set up my desktop computer, when i booted it up... it prompted for windows key and password... oops forgot i was running a bootleg copy of windows XP... called a few friends to see anyone had the code - no luck... so looked at purchasing it... only $299 US (yikes) little more than i planned - okay lots more...

so i decided to look here... great fab news... got my own copy of window XP for 20,000 IRP = roughly... $3.00 US *very big grin*, got a couple other computer software programs... the old web designer in me could have gone absolutely crazy buying computer stuff...

picked up a couple of movies...

also did a little shopping for snacks... it is strange in a grocery store so many different items and smells... as i walk through the store i smelled a familiar yucky smell... ah yes durian fruit... I left the store buying only one item... remember the offering in bandung that looked like sundried worms - yep fried banana - nice snack to have a round.

shopping was fun, Johanes is a blast, such a nice genuine guy... he promises to take me for a traditional indonesia dinner... sure I said sounds good *no worries i thought - I have the antiacid*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home