Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back in the US of A

well, after a 18 or so months working in Asia, I did my first US install... very strange... i was able to use words with more than one syllable, talk at my normal speed and usually only have to say things once for the concept to be understood.

the site was just outside of Chicago... the nice part was my contact there was a woman i had worked with about 3 years ago... she is a doll and bonus knows her stuff... The down side of this, I was bored out of my tree! LOL i missed the challenge associated with the language differences, the cultural differences... AND get this... I was more home sick in illinois in 4 weeks than i was in 6+ weeks in Asia... my brain apparently requires a lot of stimulation... LOL

One thing i did in my 'spare' time in chicago was dream up all the wonderful renovations, modifications and other creative solutions for home.

Now, i am home with (no kidding) at least 5 different projects going all at the same time... and loving every minute of it!

As far as the near future... sites have been rescheduling like crazy (many construction delays) but my next milestone is early October...

Mom is coming for a visit - this will be the first chance she has had to see "home home home". Not too sure which one of us is looking forward to it more. *grin* i think it is me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home