Sunday, December 24, 2006

The road toward home(s)

So Friday I flew back to California... I lucked out... got 4 seats all to myself yep 4 seats! Now what that means... I could stretch all the way out and even point my toes LOL... I also learned that my computer bag when placed on its side, with my purse on top is even with the airplane seat... this meant no more pins and needles in my left arm... LOL see you always keep learning more little tricks...

Got back to California around 3pm, rented a car and headed off to do my Christmas shopping... those who know me well, know this is not me 'last minute' shopping (I actually despise doing this) however with the travel, shopping has been a challenge. I did order some things over the internet and hade them shipped home... (thanks to my neighbour Chris - for picking up my deliveries).

(Oh Leighanne - finally got the camera... my friend Stauna also bought one on your recommendation - big thanks!)

By 7pm I was Home - Home Home Home... AND Santa Jim had visited... there was a stack of nicely wrapped presents - but the nicest present was a clean house... I had 'luggage explosion' when I left for Thailand - and Jim came in earlier in the week and cleaned the place - top to bottom... He ROCKS!

Sunday morning (Christmas eve) bright and early 4:00AM back to the airport - home to mom and dad's. Holidays with the family... AND got the 1st of many I hope opportunities to enjoy the Perks of my airline status and did the flight in first class LOL

Travel can be trying at the best of times but during the holidays YIKES, familys, people who have never flown before it truly tests the patience... I have learned to remove myself a little from things and have to keep reminding myself to breathe. :-)

I had tried to 'sneak' on to an earlier flight using that Status again *big grin* but it was completely booked...

I did however have the opportunity to meet a fellow traveller, Kevin. He was heading back to Buffalo from Rio... Nice guy, though feeling the frustration side of travel as his flights had been cancelled and he was getting a bit of a run around from the airline... The good news he was able to get on my flight back to Buffalo and made it back Christmas Eve...

It is always nice to have someone to talk with - it makes the time pass quicker...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home